Friday, August 15, 2008

Smoking Update

Well, as of today it has been about two and one-half months since I last had a cigarette. Yes, of course I would still like to have one, but so far I have resisted the temptation. I actually have half a pack in the center console of my car and another pack back at the house - both left-overs from the Saturday night before I quit. Sounds sort of silly, but I like the thought of them being around even if I don't smoke them anymore.

I remember many a time when I have quit in the past and I would throw a half used pack into the woods as I drove down the driveway, swearing off the habit for good. Later that night, sometimes at 2 a.m. in the morning, I would find myself thrashing through the bushes and undergrowth trying to find the pack I had thrown out a few hours before!

1 Comments:

Blogger BeckyW said...

So it's September 29th....still not puffing? I hope so! How did you quit this time? Cold turkey, or taking something?

September 30, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home