Friday, January 16, 2009

$60,000 Client Goes Poof!

I doubt there are many shops who are immune to the pressures of the current recession. My wife's shop is no exception. Here's an example of what happens when the economy slows down. Apparently, in times like this, even attorneys start feeling the pinch. This leads to their cutting back on costs, and one of those costs are annual subscriptions which can be quite expensive in the legal field. Consequently, a local company that has been producing these reference manuals for more than 20 years says they no longer have enough customers to justify trying to stay in business, and thus they have thrown in the towel. Obviously, they no longer need these manuals copied and shrink-wrapped and suddenly a $60,000 a year copying client disappears for good!

1 Comments:

Blogger BeckyW said...

What's interesting, and scary, is watching the ripple effect. You lose that client, what do YOU stop purchasing, who does that affect? We've recently lost two of our top 10 clients. One was bought out, and the other cut their marketing budget. As a result, I'm making some cuts in my personal budget. Recently I ran into the woman who runs the spa where I get pedicures & manicures and she asked where have I been! So, I lose a client, and someone else in the chain loses a client as well, and so on....

January 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home