Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Judge Affirms Stewart's Valuation

Well, I just heard from a client on whose behalf I appeared as an expert witness. The divorce trial was nasty and expensive for both sides. With five expert witnesses, three attorneys and a handful of real estate appraisers, accountants and other witnesses, I have not yet completed my estimate of the total costs involved.

Nonetheless, and after three weeks awaiting the judge's decisionn, the judge finally ruled:

"As to XXX printing, I found Mr. Stewart's testimony to be most compelling regarding the value of the business."

My valuation and subsequent testimony in court placed the value of the business at $575,250. The judge, after hearing two other witnesses who had valued the business at anywhere between $700,000 and $900,000, placed the value of the business at $600,000.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home