Friday, September 4, 2009

Reaching 300lb Bench Press

As many friends may know, one of my favorite hobbies has always been weightlifting. One of my goals was reached recently, and that was bench pressing 300lbs. It didn't come easy and I was 4-5 months behind the calendar date I had established for myself, but as they say, "Better late than never."

I must say, that even with adrenalin pumping and getting "psyc'd out," 300lbs. is damn heavy. I am sure much of it is psychological but when you're looking at that bar and you lift it off, the thought that runs through your mind (at least it did in mine) was, "damn, I don't care how much I convinced myself this should be light, it is heavy as hell!"

Anyway, I am finished with that. I will never attempt 300lbs for the fear that I might hit a weak day and not be able to do it. In a couple of weeks we will go for 305 or something close. For those interested (all five or six ) I will report back in on my progress.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job John! That is an Awesome accomplishment. Many Many Years ago I hit my heaviest bench 425lb now 20 years later and not so committed to it I am at about 275 my goal is 315 and I will let you know when that happens. And you are right Damn it is heavy.

August 4, 2011 at 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home