Thursday, January 5, 2012

Visiting Bank - A Funny Story

This is probably admitting my advancing age, but I have a funny story to tell.

A couple of months ago I drove to the bank to make a deposit or cash a check, not sure I remember!

Anyway, nothing special about the visit and I only had to wait for one or two cars ahead of me. I finally pulled up to the teller window and before the teller could even come to the window or push the deposit drawer in my direction, I hit the "down" button on the driver's side.

Nothing happened immediately, and I hit it again, and again, two or three more times. Knowing the teller would soon be coming to the window, I tried to figure if the other windows were working and they were... the passenger side window worked fine, going up and down as I commanded it to do with my button. The windows in the back worked as well. Only my window was stuck.

I tried again with my button. Nothing happened. I checked the window lock button and clicked it a couple of times but nothing would happen. My window was still in the up position. I am really getting to panic. I know it's only a matter of a few seconds before the teller shows up and pushes the drawer out in my direction.

What the hell am I going to do? How am I going to communicate my predicament? My window is up and how, I wonder, am I going to use hand signals to let her know my window is suddenly not working. I am already thinking ahead and wondering whether I should pull forward or back up, because I am so close to the wall and the drawer that I couldn't open my door if I wanted to.... how the hell was I going to tell the teller about my plight. Could I back up and somehow edge the door open slightly, squeeze out and then walk up to the window?

Well, the teller comes to the window and I am starting to make stupid hand gestures to indicate that I can't get my window down. I put one or both hands up to the glass to start this sign language crap when one of my hands suddenly pierced the plane of the window. My hand shot right through what I thought was the pane of glass.

Oh my God, my window had been down the entire time. My button had worked. The window had been down the entire time. You can't imagine how stupid I felt thinking all the time that the window was up0 when ir was really all the way down!

I will say it was really clean and I will stick to that until my death. I hope this incident at least brought a smile to your face.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dan Huntingford said...

The other morning my daughter came running back into the house yelling, "Dad, there's something wrong with the car, it won't back up." She was already bumping the flower pots.
I got in and tried and indeed it would not back up, only roll forward. She had the radio blaring, the heat at full blast and when I turned that all off I instantly realized the engine wasn't running. So I started it up and backed up. Dad to the rescue. Anyway, don't feel bad, it's not a sign on age, even 16 year olds can experience silly problems when they are late for school.

February 7, 2012 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home