Monday, August 27, 2012

NAPL Bans Lifetime Member from List Serv

NAPL Bans Consultant

Wouldn’t it be neat if you could flick a wand and all your competitors would just go “poof!” Well, it looks like that’s exactly what NAQP/NAPL is trying to do by banning me from the NAQP list serv.

According to Mitch Evans (Managing Director of NAQP), I have been officially banned from posting to the NAQP List Serv. I was banned for what Mitch termed was, “an inappropriate post.”

The post that resulted in my banning was titled, “Adventures in Surveying – A humorous break!” It was posted on 8-21-12 at about 5:30 p.m. If you are a member of NAQP/NAPL you'll have to look that email up yourself since it is too long to append to this blog.

I didn’t actually realize I had been banned until Friday when I went to post a very informative article that had nothing whatsoever to do with pricing surveys but rather in learning how to deal with stress in the printing industry. It even included a fascinating 1-minute survey that readers could take.

Within minutes, with no prior warnings or emails from NAQP, I received the following message:
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
members@printimageintl.org
(reason: 550 Sorry, QKCONSULT@aol.com (headers) is not allowed to send mail to members@printimageintl.org)

I couldn’t believe it, I quickly dashed off an email to Mitch asking what was all this about, and he confirmed that I was banned and this decision was supported by everyone at NAPL. I still wonder if this meant that he had checked with the NAQP board, but I already know that he didn’t.

Oh, Mitch did mention another reason for banning me… “We do not allow industry vendors or consultants to post anything that can be construed by our members to help sell themselves.” Ok, I plead guilty, but I’ve been doing exactly that ever since the first NAQP list went live.

I am awaiting a call from NAPL headquarters so that's all the news I can share with you at this moment.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home